[BESAdmin-Announcements] Patch release for IBM Endpoint Manager for Mobile Devices (site version 33)

Announcements for BES Administrators besadmin-announcements at bigmail.bigfix.com
Wed Aug 1 13:30:03 PDT 2012

MDM GA site version 33 has been updated with fixes for the following bugs
and enhancements -

1. ProxyAgent in 1.0 and 1.1 was not blocking actions from non
action-sites from executing. This is a bug because our stated security
model is to not allow making automatic changes to devices in a customer
deployment even if our Fixlet site servers and fixlet site signing keys
are compromised. An upgrade fixlet for ProxyAgent has been provided for
all the management extenders for 1.1 deployments. 1.0 installs can just
use the management extender upgrade fixlets as usual.

2. The self-service portal wasn't displaying the location information
correctly.

3. The self-service portal's device list was misaligned in IE8.

4. There is a new option added to the setup wizard for configuting the
Apple iOS and Enrollment Extender. It lets the user use the same host-name
used for the android relay as in the SSL options, or it lets them specify
their own android relay address explicitly. A fixlet is provided which
help detect if this android-relay is not set and also a task that allows
changing this value if necessary.

5. There is now a  "Mobile Device Security Overview" Web Report for
Natively Managed mobile devices.

Regards,

Mohit Chugh
Dev Manager - MDM