[BESAdmin-Announcements] Fixlet Site Announcements: Trying to find those unmanaged computers in your network? How about finding vulnerabilities on all your computers?

besadmin-announcements at bigmail.bigfix.com besadmin-announcements at bigmail.bigfix.com
Fri Feb 3 14:39:37 PST 2006

We are pleased to announce the availability on several new Fixlet sites.
Each of these new sites is included in our new "Vulnerability and Security
Configuration Management Suite" offering.

** BES Asset Discovery now officially released:
Have you ever thought, "I wonder how many computers in my company don't have
the BES Client installed?" If so, you are in luck because now you can find
them quickly and easily. The BES Asset Discovery Fixlet site will allow you
to designate "Scan Points" (which are BES Clients with an extra component
installed) across your network that will actively find computers that don't
have the BES Client. It will also find any network device (routers,
switches, printers, etc.), which can be very helpful for inventory purposes.
All this information is available to you in the BES Console and the BES Web
Reports.

The largest deployment currently using BES Asset Discovery has over 2,500
offices and over 60,000 computers. By designating a "Scan Point" in each
office (every BES Relay was designated a scan point), they were able to very
quickly find thousands of computers that didn't have the BES Client
installed. They also found many unauthorized wireless routers that employees
had brought from home, which of course were immediately identified and
terminated.