[BESAdmin-Announcements] BES 5.0 Release Status

besadmin-announcements at bigmail.bigfix.com besadmin-announcements at bigmail.bigfix.com
Wed Dec 1 00:48:46 PST 2004

BES 5.0 Status
It has been about a month now since BES 5.0 was originally released. As of
now, over half of the BES customers have upgraded and we have been receiving
very positive feedback.

You probably have noticed that Fixlet messages have been available on the
BES Support Fixlet site that will lead you through the upgrade of the BES
components. In addition, the new BES 5.0 documentation has been available on
our support website.

We encourage all our customers to upgrade to BES 5.0 to take full advantage
of the new features, new functionality, and bug fixes.

Redmond Magazine Patch Management Story
We would also like to take this opportunity to invite all BES users to
participate Redmond Magazine feature story on "Best Practices in Patch
Management". The magazine would like to hear directly from enterprises. If
you have time, please take some time (probably less than 10 minutes) to
write about your experience with BigFix and how it fits into your overall
patch and security configuration plan. See the request from the editor below
for more detail:  <http://redmondmag.com/feedback/yourturn.asp?yourid=8>
http://redmondmag.com/feedback/yourturn.asp?yourid=8.

We appreciate if you are able to give your name, company name, and
deployment details, but we understand if you need to comment anonymously due
to company policies.

Thanks for your support of BigFix.

BES 5.0 More Information Links
- The new BES 5.0 features are available at:
<http://support.bigfix.com/bes/changes/bes_5_0_features.pdf>
http://support.bigfix.com/bes/changes/bes_5_0_features.pdf
- To help BES 4.1 users understand the new features, there is a guide (all
BES Console users should review this guide) available at:
http://support.bigfix.com
<http://support.bigfix.com/bes/install/bes50upgradeguide.html>
/bes/install/bes50upgradeguide.html
- The release is available at the BigFix website at: http://
<http://software.bigfix.com/bes/install/downloadbes.html>
software.bigfix.com/bes/install/downloadbes.html
- There are upgrade instructions available at:
<http://support.bigfix.com/bes/install/upgradebes.html>
http://support.bigfix.com/bes/install/upgradebes.html
- Differences between BES 5.0.5.0 and BES 5.0.3.0 available at:
http://support.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/kbdirect.pl?id=236
- The BES 5.0 documentation is available at:
http://support.bigfix.com/product/
- New Fixlet authoring documentation to help create custom content is
available at: http://support.bigfix.com/fixlet/

Thanks everyone!
BigFix Product Team