[BESAdmin-Announcements] Dell Root Certificate Vulnerability Fix Available

Announcements for BES Administrators besadmin-announcements at bigmail.bigfix.com
Wed Nov 25 09:44:24 PST 2015

Dell recently accidentally shipped and embedded digital certificates on its
PCs and potentially allowing attackers to install malware on the systems.

Dell official response to the concerns regarding eDellroot certificate

Other related articles:
Dell does a Superfish, ships PCs with easily cloneable root certificates
Dell Danger! "Superfish 2.0" blunder: It gets worse

After recent news of this vulnerability, and a customer providing valuable
information and potential relevance on our forum, we have put together a
Fixlet for disabling the certificate. We have contributed this Fixlet back
to our forum and bigfix.me communities.

https://forum.bigfix.com/t/working-to-detect-and-remove-the-edellroot-malicious-root-certificate/15089/6
https://bigfix.me/fixlet/details/6286

Only preliminary testing was completed, so please provide feedback on the
forum so that the Fixlet can potentially be improved. We would like to
thank the BigFix community for their contributions to this content.

Application Engineering Team