[BESAdmin-Announcements] End of Support announcement for Pre-9.5.5 WebUI with ETL

Announcements for BES Administrators besadmin-announcements at bigmail.bigfix.com
Thu Sep 20 11:55:39 PDT 2018

The BigFix WebUI is available in two configurations: WebUI with ETL (available in 9.2.6 and higher) and WebUI with database (available in 9.5.5 and higher). WebUI with ETL configuration is being deprecated and will no longer be supported after our next major WebUI release targeted for Mid-November 2018. From that point forward, WebUI with database will be the only supported configuration. The database configuration provides the best WebUI experience including better performance, scalability, and access to our newest features like Patch Policies and the Content App.

Who is affected:
Only users who installed the WebUI with BigFix version 9.5.4 or below and have not yet upgraded and run the WebUI Database Configuration task.

Action to take:
To continue using the WebUI, please upgrade to BigFix 9.5.5 or higher and run the “Deploy/Update WebUI Database Configuration” task 2687 in the BES Support site.

More information on WebUI installation and updating to the database configuration can be found here: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSTK87_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.webui.doc/WebUI/Admin_Guide/c_db_schema_upgrade.html

Discuss this on the forum at: https://forum.bigfix.com/t/end-of-support-announcement-for-pre-9-5-5-webui-with-etl/27303

IBM BigFix WebUI Team