[BESAdmin-Announcements] 2016 Summary of IBM BigFix Compliance PCI DSS Content Releases

Announcements for BES Administrators besadmin-announcements at bigmail.bigfix.com
Tue Jan 10 01:36:09 PST 2017

As you continue to monitor and manage your endpoints to ensure a secure
and PCI compliant environment for 2017, we’d like to wish you a very
wonderful new year!

To reinforce our team’s commitment to help you meet your PCI compliance
objectives, we would like to take you on a quick journey back to the IBM
BigFix Compliance PCI Add-on releases and enhancements that IBM has
delivered in 2016.

Up-to-date benchmark support
The PCI Security Standards Council published the new PCI DSS Requirements
and Security Assessment Procedures v3.2 in 2016, and all the BigFix PCI
checklists have been upgraded to support the new PCI DSS version.

New PCI DSS compliance reporting
The new PCI DSS Policy reporting, which is available in BigFix Compliance
Analytics V1.9, identifies the level of compliance for each system within
an entire organization based on a specific PCI DSS Requirement or PCI DSS
Milestone. It provides a new PCI Reporting site to easily enable the
creation of Requirement or Milestone based reports. For more information,
see the official announcement at https://ibm.biz/Bdspcq.

Broader platform coverage
In addition to the existing supported platform coverage, BigFix Compliance
PCI Add-on expanded its support coverage to include the following
operating systems:
Windows 10
AIX 6.1
AIX 7.1
CentOS 6
CentOS 7
For the complete support list, see https://ibm.biz/BdsemD.

Remediation actions
BigFix operators can take remediation actions, in addition to compliance
monitoring, for the following operating systems to efficiently remediate a
non-compliance issue with a single action:
Windows SQL Server 2008
Windows SQL Server 2012
Windows 7
Windows 10
Windows Embedded POSReady 7
Windows Embedded Standard 7
RHEL 5
RHEL 6
RHEL 7
AIX 7.1
CentOS 6
CentOS 7
To find more information about the IBM BigFix Compliance PCI DSS
checklists, see the BigFix Compliance PCI Add-on wiki at
https://ibm.biz/BdrBtk.

Note that all BigFix Compliance PCI release announcements are posted in
the BigFix forum at https://ibm.biz/Bdsspw.

Let us know how we can further improve our product to better help you meet
your goals for 2017. You can either e-mail I-Lung Kao, BigFix Compliance
PCI product manager, at ikao at us.ibm.com, or post a forum topic on
https://forum.bigfix.com.

Looking forward to more journeys ahead! Thank you very much for the
support.

-- The IBM BigFix Compliance PCI Add-on team