[BESAdmin-Announcements] SCM Content: Refresh to CIS Checklist for RHEL 6 : Version 1.4.0

Announcements for BES Administrators besadmin-announcements at bigmail.bigfix.com
Tue May 5 21:59:11 PDT 2015

IBM Endpoint Manager for Security and Compliance

Security Configuration Management (SCM)

The Security and Compliance team at IBM has updated the content in the
following site. See details below:

Updated Site:

                   Site Name                 |    Site
 --------------------------------------------+------------
                                             |      9
   CIS Checklist for RHEL 6                  |

      Changelist:
            The content has been updated to CIS Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
      Version 1.4.0
         Fixlet CIS-6.3.3 has been removed.
         Fixlet CIS-6.3.6 has been renumbered to 6.3.4
         Fixlet CIS-3.2 has been renamed to "Remove the X Window System".
         Fixlet CIS-9.2.13 has been removed.
         Fixlet 9.2.14 has been renumbered to CIS-9.2.13.
         Fixlet 9.2.15 has been renumbered to CIS-9.2.14.
         Fixlet 9.2.16 has been renumbered to CIS-9.2.15.
         Fixlet CIS-9.2.17 has been removed.
         Fixlet 9.2.18 has been renumbered to CIS-9.2.16.
         Fixlet 9.2.19 has been renumbered to CIS-9.2.17.
         Fixlet 9.2.20 has been renumbered to CIS-9.2.18.
         Fixlet 9.2.21 has been renumbered to CIS-9.2.19.
         Fixlet CIS-9.2.13 had the -L option added to the stat command.
         Fixlet CIS-8.2 now also checks for \s.
         Fixlet CIS-1.5.4 had check for PROMPT=no removed.
         Fixelt CIS-5.1.4 now also checks group owner of logfiles.
         Fixlet CIS-6.1.10 had the -L option added to the stat command.
         Fixlet CIS-6.1.3 had the -L option added to the stat command.
         Fixlet CIS-6.1.4 had the -L option added to the stat command.
         Fixlet CIS-6.1.5 had the -L option added to the stat command.
         Fixlet CIS-6.1.6 had the -L option added to the stat command.
         Fixlet CIS-6.1.7 had the -L option added to the stat command.
         Fixlet CIS-6.1.8 had the -L option added to the stat command.
         Fixlet CIS-6.1.9 had the -L option added to the stat command.
         Fixlet CIS-6.3.4 now checks for remember >=5.
         Fixlet CIS-7.4 now checks for correct umask setting in /etc/bashrc
         and
         now also searches /etc/profile.d/* instead of /etc/profile.
         Fixlet CIS-9.2.19 had issue fixed with bad encoding from the
         checklist xml.
         Fixlet CIS-9.2.6 now also checks for allowed permissions on
         directories
         in root PATH.
         Fixlet CIS-9.2.8 now skips users with /sbin/nologin shell.
         Fixlet CIS-9.2.9 now skips users with /sbin/nologin shell.
         Fixlets CIS-6.2.* had remediations fixed to use parameter for path
         sshd_config.

*Site versions provided for air-gap customers.

We hope you find this latest release of SCM content useful and effective.
Thank you!

  -- The IBM Endpoint Manager for Security and Compliance