[BESAdmin-Announcements] SCM Content UPDATE: DISA Unix Checklists ( With Remediation)

Announcements for BES Administrators besadmin-announcements at bigmail.bigfix.com
Mon Jun 29 12:56:15 PDT 2015

IBM Endpoint Manager for Security and Compliance

Security Configuration Management (SCM)

The Security and Compliance team at IBM has updated the content in the
following sites. See details below:

Updated Sites:

     |                  Site Name                 |    Site
     |                                            |   Version
 ----+--------------------------------------------+------------
   1 |  DISA STIG Checklist for RHEL 5 - RG03     |     12
 ----+--------------------------------------------+------------
   2 |  SCM Checklist for DISA STIG on RHEL 5 -   |     11
     |  RG03                                      |

Changelist:
The DISA Red Hat 5 content was refreshed to Version 1, Release 10.
The following Fixlets were updated:
         GEN001025 added
         GEN005527 added
         GEN000560 No longer also looks at /etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac
         (because
         /etc/pam.d/system-auth is a symlink to it)
         GEN001300 Now only looks at regular files
         GEN000241 Now checks /etc/cron.*/* instead of
         just /etc/cron.daily/*,
         and also checks maxpoll setting in /etc/ntp.conf
         GEN001100 Now checks syslog authpriv logfiles instead
         of /usr/bin/last
         output
         GEN001260 Now uses globalfind to check entire log directory trees
         GEN001280 Added user changeable parameters
         GEN001940 Now looks at all files in user top level directories,
         not just
         dotfiles
         GEN002140 Added check for bad shells in /etc/shells
         GEN002280 Added /dev/log to devices to exclude
         GEN002360 Added audio to list of allowed groups
         GEN002960 The user should disable this check if only the root user
         is
         permitted to use cron
         GEN003160 Now gets cron logfile name from SYSLOG_CONF file
         parameter
         cron entry
         GEN003180 Now gets cron logfile name from SYSLOG_CONF file
         parameter
         cron entry
         GEN003190 Now gets cron logfile name from SYSLOG_CONF file
         parameter
         cron entry
         GEN003660 The path to syslog.conf or rsyslog.conf is now a
         parameter and
         is exposed to the user
         GEN004460 Exposed CONFIG_FILE parameter to users for path to
         syslog.conf
         or rsyslog.conf
         GEN004480 Exposed CONFIG_FILE parameter to users for path to
         syslog.conf
         or rsyslog.conf
         GEN004500 Exposed CONFIG_FILE parameter to users for path to
         syslog.conf
         or rsyslog.conf
         GEN004510 Exposed ACL_FILE parameter to users for path to
         syslog.conf or
         rsyslog.conf
         GEN005390 Exposed CONFIG_FILE parameter to users for path to
         syslog.conf
         or rsyslog.conf
         GEN005395 Exposed ACL_FILE parameter to users for path to
         syslog.conf or
         rsyslog.conf
         GEN005400 Exposed CONFIG_FILE parameter to users for path to
         syslog.conf
         or rsyslog.conf
         GEN005420 Exposed CONFIG_FILE parameter to users for path to
         syslog.conf
         or rsyslog.conf
         GEN005450 The path to syslog.conf or rsyslog.conf is now a
         parameter and
         is exposed to the user
         GEN006600 The path to syslog.conf or rsyslog.conf is now a
         parameter and
         is exposed to the user
         GEN008050 Now only applies if ldap is used in /etc/nsswitch.conf

*Site versions provided for air-gap customers.

We hope you find this latest release of SCM content useful and effective.
Thank you!

  -- The IBM Endpoint Manager for Security and Compliance