[BESAdmin-Announcements] SCM Content UPDATE: DISA Unix Checklists

Announcements for BES Administrators besadmin-announcements at bigmail.bigfix.com
Mon Nov 17 23:38:27 PST 2014

IBM Endpoint Manager for Security and Compliance

Security Configuration Management (SCM)

The Security and Compliance team at IBM has updated the content in the
following sites. See details below:

Updated Sites:

     |                   Site Name                  |  Site Version
 ----+----------------------------------------------+---------------
   1 |  SCM Checklist for DISA STIG on RHEL 5 -     |       10
     |  RG03                                        |
 ----+----------------------------------------------+---------------
   2 |  DISA STIG Checklist for RHEL 5 - RG03       |       11
 ----+----------------------------------------------+---------------
   3 |  SCM Checklist for DISA STIG on RHEL 6 -     |       6
     |  RG03                                        |
 ----+----------------------------------------------+---------------
   4 |  DISA STIG Checklist for RHEL 6 - RG03       |       9
 ----+----------------------------------------------+---------------
   5 |  DISA STIG Checklist for AIX 7.1             |       6

*Site versions provided for air-gap customers.

Changelist:
   * Rows 1 and 2:
   Update to the following Fixlet for RHEL 5, to handle white space in
   gecos field and also use GID instead of UID field:
      STIG-ID: GEN000380

   * Rows 3 and 4:
   Update to the following Fixlets for RHEL 6 to:
   1) Check sysctl.conf only if sysctl output is noncompliant:
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000078
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000079
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000080
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000081
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000082
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000083
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000084
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000086
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000088
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000089
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000090
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000091
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000092
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000093
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000095
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000096
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000097
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000099

   2) Handle white space in gecos field and also use GID instead of UID
   field:
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000294

      3) Ignore white space before comments:
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000342
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000343
      STIG-ID: RHEL-06-000344

   * Row 5:
      For AIX7.1: Added parameterization to "Configure Filesystem Scan"
      Fixlet ( Fixlet ID: 445)

*Site versions provided for air-gap customers.

We hope you find this latest release of SCM content useful and effective.
Thank you!

  -- The IBM Endpoint Manager for Security and Compliance