[BESAdmin-Announcements] [Early Notice] BigFix Platform 6.0 End of Life

Announcements for BES Administrators besadmin-announcements at bigmail.bigfix.com
Fri May 28 15:42:01 PDT 2010

In an effort to take advantage of many enhancements and optimizations we have added to the BigFix platform over the 7.x and pending 8.0 release, we will end of life support for BigFix platform 6.0 with the upcoming release of BigFix platform 8.0.  These enhancements and optimizations are targeted at providing better performance, as well as new functionality and efficiency in our content and we are excited to start making these updates to improve your experience with our products.

We first released 6.0 four years ago (April 2006) and we know that the vast majority of our customers have already upgraded from 6.0.  In addition to the many improvements in the 7.x platform, many of our latest application offerings use functionality that are not compatible with 6.0.

For those customers still on 6.0, detailed information on performing an upgrade is available at http://support.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/kbdirect.pl?id=108 and upgrades are performed through Fixlet messages available in the BES Support site.

BigFix Product Team
Check out the BigFix User Forum at http://forum.bigfix.com