[BESAdmin-Announcements] Windows Point of Sales support announced!

Announcements for BES Administrators besadmin-announcements at bigmail.bigfix.com
Mon Apr 12 16:38:04 PDT 2010

Dear BigFix admins:

BigFix R&D is proud to announce that Windows Point of Sales phase one support is generally available!

This product release is intended to bring platform support and patch content to market for Windows Point of Sale OSes, such as
*             XP Embedded
*             Windows Embedded Standard
*             Windows POSReady 2009
*             Windows Embedded Point of Service (WePOS).
We are able to support basic platform capabilities plus patch management via a specific content channel (Patches for Windows Embedded) and the Updates for Windows Applications channel. We are not able to support products such as Power, CPM, SAM, or SCM on the platform at this time though.

These systems are important in Retail and Financial verticals and will be a useful new capability for our customers. Inventory, compliance, and patching are serious pain points for these line-of-business tools on low-bandwidth links, pain points which were are uniquely able to solve.

If you would like to evaluate the updated content, please contact your sales representative for additional information.

Thank you!

  -- The BigFix Product Team