[BESAdmin-Announcements] Updated Linux Patching Content Sites Now Available!

Announcements for BES Administrators besadmin-announcements at bigmail.bigfix.com
Wed Oct 21 23:27:17 PDT 2009

We are pleased to announce the general availability of an update to our Red Hat Enterprise Linux patching content.  We have added a number of new features and released these updates as part of a series of new Fixlet sites. Included in these updates are the following:

 *   pre-packaged patch Fixlet messages with full dependency resolution for Red Hat Errata on RHEL 3, 4, and 5
 *   a new dashboard that allows for deployment or mass customization of the pre-packaged Fixlet messages to your companies’ base image RPM set, white/black lists, and custom RPM command line switches – this new dashboard will work for both RHEL and SUSE

These new features are available in a series of four new Fixlet sites.  They will require the latest version of the BigFix Linux agent (7.2.4.75), available at http://support.bigfix.com/install/besclients-nonwindows.html#linux

The existing “Patches for Red Hat Enterprise Linux” Fixlet site will continue to be updated for at least the next 12 months, however, we do plan on ultimately deprecating the older Fixlet site in favor of the four new sites.  Existing BigFix patch management customers can request the new sites from licensing at bigfix.com

If you are not a current BigFix patch management customer and would like to evaluate the updated Linux patching content, please contact your sales representative for additional information.

The BigFix Product Team
Check out the BigFix User Forum at http://forum.bigfix.com