[BESAdmin-Announcements] Content Modification Announcement - Enterprise Security

Announcements for BES Administrators besadmin-announcements at bigmail.bigfix.com
Mon Dec 10 11:20:59 PST 2007

BigFix has modified two sets of content in the Enterprise Security site.

1. We added a more stringent check for the version of Windows Media
Player 11 in Fixlet messages for Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-047.
The following Fixlet messages have been modified:

ID: 704709	MS07-047: Vulnerabilities in Windows Media Player Could
Allow Remote Code Execution - Windows Media Player 11 - Windows XP SP2
ID: 704710	MS07-047: CORRUPT PATCH - Windows Media Player 11 -
Windows XP SP2
ID: 704717	MS07-047: Vulnerabilities in Windows Media Player Could
Allow Remote Code Execution - Windows Media Player 11 - Windows XP (x64)
ID: 704718	MS07-047: CORRUPT PATCH - Windows Media Player 11 -
Windows XP (x64)

2. We removed an unnecessary file check in Fixlet messages for Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS07-058. The following Fixlet messages have been
modified:

ID: 705803	MS07-058: Vulnerability in RPC Could Allow Denial of
Service - Windows XP SP2
ID: 705804	MS07-058: CORRUPT PATCH - Windows XP SP2

BES administrators are encouraged to verify open actions and synchronize
baselines that contain the modified content.  Instructions for
synchronizing baselines can be found here:
http://support.bigfix.com/cgi-bin/kbdirect.pl?id=401.  Please contact
BigFix Technical Support if you have any questions regarding this
change.

--
BigFix Product Team